Skip to main content

School Routine

The first week of school is so far so good. In the mornings, I prepare Aliyah's breakfast, and Hubby sends her to school. The road in front of the school is still jam-packed. So Hubby would park at a distance and walk with Aliyah to school. This year Aliyah has been handling the school affairs quite well. She paid for the school fees and school bus fare on her own. After all, she's now in Standard 4.

I have been reading my friend Aimy's FB status on her sending her Standard 1 daughter to school - the sending, monitoring, worrying, etc. Been there, done that! But to tell you the truth, the worrying and monitoring part do not stop. I worry about Aliyah every single day. That's what mothers do!

And then I actually read back my old posts on sending Aliyah to school. I was so glad I "documented" my experience. One day Aliyah will read the postings and know how much we love her...

11 Dec 2005: We registered Aliyah at Tadika Seri Pelangi. I remember being so worried. And Aliyah had mood changes every other day.

3 Jan 2006: Aliyah started her kindy at 5 years old. I cried that morning after we left her. And Hubby had tears in his eyes too! That was the day we saw Aliyah simply grew up right before our eyes...

2 Weeks into 2007: At 6 years old, we were not so worried anymore. The kindy was such a safe place and we always know that Aliyah is well taken care of.

3 Jan 2008: Aliyah started her "real" school - Standard 1. I remember we thought the school was way to big and overwhelming for her. And we spent the first week taking turns monitoring her from afar. But she is such a brave girl. Much braver than her Mommy :)

7 Jan 2008: I remember crying in the car after seeing Aliyah walking by the big drain at the roadside to find her school van because the van couldn't park at the designated place due to selfish parents parking their asses near the gate. She had to walk all the way down the road. This tiny girl going from van to van trying to find the correct van to board. I was so angry that I went to lodge a complain to the Guru Penolong Kanan. The next day things improved tremendously.

5 Jan 2009: Aliyah's first week of Standard 2 was a breeze. She was at her old school temporarily until the new school was completed. She took the school van with my niece Wani, so she has company.

3 Jan 2010: Aliyah started her Standard 3. It was not so stressful for us that we sat at the canteen talking and then realised Aliyah has gone up to her class! She was assigned to the wrong class and bravely went to see the teacher in charged to get her correct class. I was so proud of her - knowing how to solve problems :) As usual I always comment on the traffic. The problem with parents parking their car selfishly is a never-ending issue.

Comments