Skip to main content

Parents Mcm Ni Pun Ada...

Having a kid in primary school is a new experience for both of us. After 2 years of comfort in kindy, it's not only the real world for Aliyah, but also for us. Ni nak cerita pasal perangai some parents at Aliyah's school. I memang naik angin gila.

Hubby asked me to watch Aliyah get into her school van yesterday. Dia risau sikit pasal last Friday, the place was a bit chaotic. So, yesterday around 12.30pm, I pun pegi la sekolah. I've always been a person who doesn't mind parking my car further and walk. So, bila I jalan dekat gate sekolah, nampak cars dah penuh depan sekolah especially at places near the gate. Then, Pakcik Din yg bwk van Aliyah arrived and I saw that he looked angry at the parents yg park their cars near the gate. He doesn't have space nak turunkan kids sekolah petang from his van. Last2, ada another van driver jaga traffic and he parked his van half-way into the school so that the kids can be dropped. Lepas tu he went off to find parking space.

I ni memang naik angin la dgn parents yang selfish tak reti2 nak respect reserved space for school buses and vans. These are the kinds of parents yg duduk dlm kete with air-cond and music and wait till the bell rings, pas tu baru nak keluar kereta jemput anak from gate. They occupy the whole parking space near the school gate. Habis tu school bus and van nak park kat mana? Nak drop kids kat mana? Nak wait for morning school kids kat mana? Ada a few van drivers ketuk cermin mintak tolong move car, tapi these parents buat tak tau je.

I ni selalu jenis quiet je but this time I got so angry. So, I went to the security guard to complain. Dia said he can't do anything because those people won't listen to him. Lepas tu I gi naik office lak. Dapatla talk to afternoon session punya guru kanan. She said she'll do something sebab dia kata, dia nak drive masuk school compound pun tak boleh. Ok la tu.

Then I went down again to watch Aliyah get into her transport. She came down with her classmates, but then sampai depan guard house she stopped because she couldn't find Pakcik Din. Pakcik Din tu tak dapat lagi parking space. She looked at me, but I told her to stay put. A few minutes later, baru Pakcik Din tu muncul kat gate, barulah Aliyah pegi kat dia. I simply followed from the back. Pakcik Din tu kelam-kabut "catch" his kids and direct them to his van. Van dia parked kat hujung sekali punya jauh. He had to stay near the gate to collect the other kids, so kids yang dia dah direct tu had to walk by themselves all the way to the far side of the road. Even though tak kena cross road but I still think it's a bit dangerous. And these Standard 1 kids still can't recognise their school vans. Kalau ada orang nak kidnap, memang anytime la. Snatch je.

So, I followed her from the other side of the road. And rasa kesian pasal the kids jalan single file and sampai je kat a school van, that van driver will ask each one - "balik mana"? When she said, "Bangi", the driver will say -"van depan lagi". So, she and the others walked on till the reach the last van. I only drove off after I saw her safely in the van.

On the way back to the office keluar air mata ni. If only I am a stay home mom, I would be able to fetch her from school. Ok la, I was a bit emotional and angry. But I didn't speak up for my kid alone. Think of all the children. What if something happened to them - knock down by a car ke... kidnapped ke... etc, just because some selfish parents nak park kereta as near to the school gate as possible and relax in their air-conditioned car. Stupid idiots.

This morning when I sent Aliyah to school, the road looked surprisingly clear (clear sikit la). Then I noticed the security guard manning the traffic along with a male teacher. The car park near the school gate was empty. Alhamdulillah, the school did something after I complained. I hope this afternoon things will be just like that. I'm still thinking whether I should drop by kejap lagi by her school and watch....

Updates 1.15pm:
I just came back from Aliyah's school. Very good sighting. I reached my usual car park, which normally would be empty. But today ada quite a few cars parked there. I went to the front of the school - the space in front of the canteen which was yesterday occupied by cars - is today occupied by school buses. The space at the side of the school near the gate is now reserved for school vans. And surprise, surprise - Pakcik Din's van is the first and I saw him and the rest of the van drivers hanging around talking with each other in front of the gate. All the parents' cars are at both far sides of the road. Even the Mercs and the few cars yg semlm perasan yg kereta dia besar dan mahal dan ingat bapak dia sponsor buat the school building are now modestly parked at a reasonable distance. The traffic at the front gate is very clear.

I am so so happy. On the way back, I didn't shed any tears like yesterday. Just saying to myself: "Aliyah, this is the best that Mommy can do for you".

Comments

Anonymous said…
the mommy did very well for aliyah and also for the other kids. kudos to you for sticking up for what's right. congrats also to the school for taking the necessary action. btw do you think the fast action taken by the school because they, the teachers themselves, cannot drive into the compound? anyway just give them a benefit of doubt as long as there is good out of this.
dcharmed said…
NICee... You rawk lah akak! Hehehe!