Skip to main content

Cure for Insomnia

Finally, after almost 2 months, my insomnia is cured. I had sleeping problems which will happen every few months. I would still be wide awake at 4am wishing it's already time to wake up so that I can start the morning and go to work. As a result, I get terrible migraine throughout the day due to the lack of sleep. Then I would be very, very sleepy at 3pm that lasted for about 1 hour. And this usually happens when I'm walking or driving or working that make it impossible for me to catch a nap. After that I would be wide awake again till 4am. And the cycle happened every day.

At first I didn't even thought of doing anything about it, thinking it will pass. So was hubby. However, one day my comel daughter made a remark about me. We had just finished lunch on a weekend, and I went out to the back to check out the laundry while hubby melayan Aliyah makan. While I was outside, I coughed quite badly. Hubby told me Aliyah asked him whether Mommy is sick. So, hubby said yes, Mommy's having a bad cough. Aliyah told him that Mommy also gets headache every day and said, "Kenapa tak makan vitamins? Kalau makan vitamins, mesti Mommy tak sakit."

I think hubby felt a bit guilty after listening to what Aliyah said. So, after lunch, he took us all to Alamanda to find cure for my insomnia. He bought me an oil burner at Parkson, and a small bottle of Lavender oil from Body Shop. Lepas tu beli Herbal Sleep pills at Guardian.

It didn't work straight away though. Took me about a week for the scent and the herbal pills to take effect. Every night I would light the burner and pour a few drops of Lavender oil, the room will smell nice and felt really calm, limit my reading to maximum 30 minutes, then get some sleep. If susah sikit, I'll take the herbal pills. Now I could sleep! Amazing. Now paling lama I terkebil-kebil tengok jam pun around 1.30am. It also helped that I now have to wake up early at 6.10am to get Aliyah's stuff ready for school. If you have trouble sleeping, I really suggest you try aromatherapy. It surprisingly worked.

Comments

dcharmed said…
seriously eh? I used to exercised this aromatheraphy since zaman belajar dulu... untill now. Cam not working jek... so end with watching movies... till tiba2 movie tu yang watching me till the next morning! Ahhahahhaa... anyway... good for you then! try to do Spa lah... relax your body. kesian dia dah menjerit2 minta diubat...