Skip to main content

Was It Really Him?

First it was hope, then it was frustration and anxiety. Now, I don't know for sure.

Yesterday afternoon, Aliyah's friends came over to play. I didn't know how the topic of Kiki came about among them, but the girls said they always see Kiki near their house - the phase 1 houses at the front. I showed them Kiki's picture and they said that's him. After lunch at our neighbour's place right across, we went to search. Because Aliyah's friends came again saying they just saw him being chased by a black cat. We walked up and down the back alleys looking for him, but to no avail. We then came back home, with my hopes down the drain. I was so frustrated.

Hubby stopped by at our neighbour's kenduri telling the story and so happen, one of them actually live at phase 1 and he too sees Kiki quite often. All these have started to get on my nerves. I even snapped at Aliyah for asking whether we were going out with her Mak Long. I told her - we must find Kiki first! The rest of the day was spent going to the place a few more times, but still we can't find him.

The girls came again today saying they just saw him and in their excitement, the cat ran away. I really don't know. I thought long and hard and at one point I wanted to just forget about this. It might not even be him. It might be another cat that looks like him. Having my hopes so high and then got it crashed is just so painful.

Comments