Skip to main content

3 Things About Us

I was with my dear friend Yatt today to collect some documents and she congratulated us on our anniversary. It's an achievement in life... And I had time to think long and hard while driving back through the traffic jams about our life together...

3 things I remember about us from long time ago... when we were classmates, before we were together.

1. We were classmates in year 2 of matriculation and there was this individual presentation when everybody had to read monologues. Until today I remember Hubby reading this excerpt from a play (or was it a novel) that read something like this: "... of women smelling of cheap perfumes...". The piece had this negative connotation about such women. Since then I never wear cheap perfumes. Even when I'm broke, perfumes are things I don't compromise.

2. I hated him when we were classmates. He sat right behind me in class and every 10 minutes he would tap me on my shoulder wanting to borrow something - an eraser, liquid paper, pencil, many many things. Then he would tap again to return the thing. Then he would borrow again. He was so irritating. I brought it up and Hubby told Aliyah the reason why - so that I turn to the back and he can look at me :).

3. We had to do group work (three in a group) and I can't remember why I had to buy him lunch. So our group went together to KFC and he ordered Dinner plate. He finished his 3-piece chicken and other side dishes and still had room for more! I told him no more lunch treat from me because he ate so much!

Comments