Skip to main content

Aliyah Starts Her 2nd Year

Aliyah has started her Tahun 2. Hubby and me were with her on her first day. She was supposed to be in 2 Uranus. However, since the new school in Seri Putra will start operating this June, they reshuffled the students and grouped them into the specific schools. So, there are actually students of 2 schools there currently, the Seri Putra students being there temporarily. Only 3 classes will remain in SK Bangi, the rest will move to Seri Putra.

We saw Aliyah was not so happy when she was sorted into 2 Venus instead. Venus actually is the 5th class. However, for Seri Putra students, Venus is actually the 2nd class. She then got so happy when we explained the whole thing to her. Classification can be very stressful to kids...

The arrangement for Aliyah this year - I send her to my mother's place in the morning. She'll stay there, do some homework that I assign her, then get ready for school. She takes the school van with my niece Wani. Later, I fetch her from school on my way back from work. Every Saturday afternoon she has 2-hour Agama class with my niece Iqah.

She has quite free schedule. Some time to watch TV in the morning, study a bit, school and then weekend class. Ok la kan, she's still a kid. I was with her yesterday at my mother's place, making sure she knows what to do and make sure she catch the van. I was horrified at how kelam-kabut my niece's schedule is. She comes back from Sekolah Agama at 11.30am. She took lunch in such a hurry, entah mana pegi doa makan dia belajar kat sekolah pun tak tau. Then she prepared her drinks for school, then took her bath, then dressed for school... By 12pm she needs to be ready to catch the van.

I'm just glad Aliyah doesn't have to go through all that. My greatest consolation - even though dia tak sekolah agama, at least her morals are good. Makan mesti baca doa, sampah mesti buang dalam dustbin, etc. That's what really matters actually.

Comments