Skip to main content

Say Little Thanks

Have you ever feel this way? Kelam kabut siap in the morning to go to work, nak siapkan anak lagi, kepala pun berserabut, and by the time you are almost out of the door, suddenly you remembered that you promised to make your child a cup of Vico (yang baru dibeli semalam, yang malam sebelum tu anak you mintak tapi sebab dah bedtime you pun malas nak buat and promised her you will make her a cup first thing in the morning). So you rush to the kitchen, belasah je bancuh and bagi dia minum... And then she said to you: "Hmmm... sedapnya air Mommy buat. Thank you Mommy."

That is my daughter. So appreciative. Full of thanks. And she is not shy to compliment. Especially if I make her favourites. Kalau dia makan spaghetti I masak, she would say, "Mommy masak ni sedaaappp sangat, sangat... Thank you Mommy.". Even buatkan dia ice cream Ribena yang simple tu pun she will show her thumbs up. Hilang terus penat I.

Once my second sister commented the day Aliyah stayed with her, Aliyah asked for something from her and then said "Thank you Mak Lang." My sister was surprised because she said anak-anak dia pun tak cakap Thank You kat dia.

It's the culture in my little family, especially after Aliyah was born. We always say Thank You to each other for the effort the other half made. After dinner for example, Hubby never fails to say "Thank you Mommy. Sedap." Even though I masak nasi goreng je. And if I asked Hubby to do a chore like buying something, I will make sure I say my thanks.

Little gestures like that can make anybody feel appreciated. I am so glad Aliyah picked that up.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aliyah, bila ingat Aliyah je saya akan ingat brape thun dah saya kahwin sbb dia lahir lepas mommy dia mkn my nasik minyak. Tu sbb gak dia dgn saya mesti nak gaduh je. Suka kacau Aliyah sbb bila dia marah really cute, esspecially dia punya mata yg besar dan bulat.
Aniza said…
Kau memang suka buat dia naik angin...