Skip to main content

It's Our 9th Anniversary Today

It's been 9 years? Actually, lagi lama because I've known Hubby 9 years before we got married. So, 9+9= 18 years. Lama gila... He was my first boyfriend, hehehe... I came from a girls school and stayed at hostel throughout my secondary school years, so memang tak de nye nak ada boyfriend. After school, I had problems being friends with the opposite sex. Good thing I took TESL where 80% of my coursemates were females.

My Hubby was the first guy I could talk to. We were first strangers, later became classmates (I hated him because he liked to borrow my things), then we became friends (dia selalu ikut we girls pegi lunch), and then we became good friends (after the episode during our camping trip where we almost lost 2 of our friends). Later he became one of my best friends.

Then I had to make a choice. I was "supposed" to so-called date this guy but I had to choose between him and Hubby. The choice I had to make - this guy who's tall, dark, quite good-looking, the class president, very popular among girls, quite well-off... That guy's best friend kept on promoting him to me. And that guy even called me during our semester holidays and hinted of a get-together.

My other choice - my Hubby - very naughty (suka call I and kenakan I), not so handsome (hehehe..), not so tall (sama tinggi dgn I), not so well-off (asyik pokai je), quite popular (very naughty especially among girls), but whom I could talk anything with.

It was a hard choice. On one hand - my dream guy, on the other hand - my best friend. Obviously you know whom I chose :). I couldn't bear to lose my best friend even though at that time we were just best friends. And I thank God for my choice because I have a soulmate who loves me for what I am, and whom I love for what he is. He told me a few weeks ago: "I still look at you like I did when we were at KPP". Despite the wrinkles and the extra weight...

I thank you for your prayers and wish.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Jadi moral of Puan Aniza story is, jgn lah mencari lelaki yg kononnya mempunyai ciri2 lelaki idaman kalbu, walaupun dia sebenarnya bukan ditakdirkan utk kita. Terimalah orang yg sudi menerima kita seadanya kerana orang itulah yg akan membahagiakan kita. Insyaallah.

Kita serupa, walaupun lakiku tidak lansung memenuhi ciri2 idaman kalbuku, terutamanya dari segi bentuk badannya yg ala2 kembar Aflin Shauki tu tapi dia tetap suami yg trbaik.