Skip to main content

Happy 9th Birthday Aliyah Maisarah

Aliyah is 9 today. She was born at 2.31pm on a Friday afternoon in 2001. At 3.4kgs. After 12 hours of pain. Without any anesthetic. It was too late for me to ask for epidural. With long stitches. Had to wait for the doctor to come back from Friday prayers. Such agony. Those are the gory details.

My daughter was the perfect baby. The moment I saw her all pain went away, including the sickness I've endured for the past 9 months. She was so fair to the point of being white. Head full of black and light brown hair. The doctor said she has hazel brown eyes.

Today, she is as perfect a daughter any parent would dream to have. No tantrums, soft spoken, funny, polite, very shy, an introvert, but very talkative to the people she's comfortable with. She's a very detail person, everything must be perfect and in order. Loves drawing and colouring. Doesn't go around crying, screaming and wanting things at the shopping malls like some kids. A cat lover. And for the past 6 months, have stopped wearing dresses (dresses are sexy she said!) and adorn the tudung we bought her - all on her own accord.

Once, she provided me with her shoulder to cry on when I was at my lowest moments. She held on to my hand and told me she loves me when I was lost. She kissed my forehead, smiled sadly and hugged me when I was drowned in tears. She was there for me when I needed a person. She is my person.

Happy Birthday my little daughter. May you be under Allah s.w.t. protection always. Love you so much.

Comments