Skip to main content

Team Lunch

Unlike last year, this year has been quite hectic for my company. And I thank God for that. Alhamdulillah, sangat bersyukur. So, dah nak masuk June ni, I decided that we should go out and stuff our bellies with good food in return for all the hardwork we've done so far.

So last Tuesday, we gathered for lunch at Palm Garden. I actually have only 2 full-time staff - Linda and Hajar (on contract). Others are all I call "Dextra family" or partners. I believe in smart partnership and that's the main reason how I can sustain this business. So, the closest partners now are both my ex-colleagues Atom and Casfian. We "practically" work under the same company. Casfian rents the first room at my office whereas Atom uses my company as his virtual office, well sometimes physical too as he does drop by from time to time.

Here are (some hidden) faces of the family:
Atom (left) and Casfian. We call Casfian - pak cik - sebab selalu buat kerja last minute and buat Linda's blood go upstairs. Every time we work with him for a training, we would swear never to take him as a trainer anymore. But the next week, when Linda's blood has gone downstairs, we would work with him again!
Atom - very cool guy. Dia demo slow and steady making sure people understand. Our first demo was a success and we got the project. There are a few more in the pipeline in the next few weeks and I pray for the best.
That's Hajar and Linda (partially hidden nanti ada orang C4 dia). Hajar has been quite an asset and I'm trying hard to get more projects to get her to stay on. Tapi dia suka je kerja dengan I. We only meet twice a week at the office. Other days she works from home. Kalau ada meeting, we meet at client's office. And sejak kerja dengan I, amboi, amboi, siap beli Blackberry and branded handbags gitu. Bila ada sale, she will make sure she finish up her work the night before and go shopping the next morning. I'm very flexible. I don't care when or how you do your work as long as you deliver. Tapi lawan boss nih. I pun tak pakai handbag Dior!
Linda pulak was my friend since secondary school. She's been with me from the very beginning - from the day we cleaned up our office to the time we had to work from my living room because the telephone lines at Sek 15 ran out, sampai lah sekarang. Siap dapat bonus lagi. Err... tahun lepas tak de bonus sebab business down. Tahun ni ada kot!
Masa ni diaorg belum pekena air sherbat tu lagi so masih sober. There is this punch-like drink that tasted like ginger and spices. Very sweet. Some Arab origin kot. Lepas diaorg minum terus happy and ketawa-ketawa. Casfian tunjuk entah apa-apa kat iPhone dia pun dua orang ni ketawa. I pulak lepas minum terus high mengantuk nak tido je. Must be the spices mixture!

Comments

Dawai Kokot said…
Heh, heh, ade ke org yg berani nak C4 Dawai Kokot???

Anyway memang best gi mkn kat Palm Garden, especially satay daging dia sedap. Air sherbat tu sedap tapi pas minum tiba2 je jadi hyper. Kena kaji ni ape depa pi bubuh kat dlm ayak tu.

Thanks to my dear boss yg terima Aku kerja dgn dia yg kadang2 aku lak bagi arahan kat boss, heh, heh.

Boss jgn marah, nanti kena jual.
Aniza said…
Ke Dawai Kokot yg pegi C4 orang? Bagus juga. Aku boleh tplong order kan.

Cheese cake kat situ sangat lah yummynya. Nasib baik air sherbat tu aku minum segelas je.

Tu la dia, kadang2 aku boss. Kadang2 ko boss.

Boss kalau marah kena jual, laku lagi nih!