Skip to main content

House Renovation: What a Tiring Day

My day started early today. Hubby had to work, so I'm the one doing the chores for the new house. The guy from the nursery was supposed to come plant the last tree - a frangipani - at 9am. I was there at 9am sharp, brought along a plastic stool so that Aliyah could sit. She is so prim and proper, she doesn't like her clothes dirty. But the guy rescheduled.

Then, had breakfast with my brother Angah and a visit to the new surau (the one I'm collecting funds for). The work is progressing well with funds from donors. Then, back to the house to wait for another contractor to come install auto-gate. However, now there is this super-huge garbage bin right in front of the house for the debris and I tested opening the gates but they can't be opened entirely. Called Hubby and he rescheduled the installation. Miqdam was also around and he advised to paint the gates first because he needs to take the gates out to be sprayed.

After that, went to my parents' place. I then started working on digging out plants to be planted at my little corner ie pokok kari and lengkuas. Pokok kari actually is a challenge because its roots are deep for such a little tree. Then I worked on digging out squares of cowgrass at the backyard to be planted at that corner. My father suruh amik rumput tu free tak payah sibuk nak pegi beli. The day is so hot and after about 15 squares, my palm started to blister and I stopped. Sakit wooo...

Hubby came back and we then took the squares of grass and placed them at the corner. Tak sure boleh hidup atau tidak actually but hopefully they will.

Ok, now I'm off to Alamanda for a movie date with Hubby. Nak tengok Angels & Demons. Aliyah is spending the night with her Mak Long. Hot date.

Comments