Skip to main content

Time for Ourselves

Aliyah's Mak Long aka my eldest sister adores my daughter. And my daughter loves her Mak Long very much. Ever since Aliyah was a baby, I've started using her "service" to help babysit Aliyah whenever I have something important to attend to. I remember the first time I asked her to babysit Aliyah was a few months after I gave birth because I wanted to go watch The Lord of the Rings - midnight show. (That was important!) Masa tu I called her like every 15 minutes to ask how Aliyah fared.

Aliyah was an easy baby to take care of, err... after her 2-month crying episode during my confinement. She never gives my sister any problems. Sampai la sekarang. Nowadays, my sister comes back to my parents' place and spend the night there like every fortnight. And Aliyah will call her Mak Long and they will plan to spend the night together. So, about twice a month on weekends, Hubby and me will be "childless".

At first, it was a bit awkard for both of us being so used of having a child around. We would do our own separate things. Hubby would go to the driving range, spend extra time with his golf buddies. I would blissfully watch TV (no Disney or Nick or Cartoon Network) and then hook on the Internet, most of the time working. It took some time for us to realise that it's actually a good time to spend together. (Yea, we can be a bit slow on that department with Aliyah always the focus of everything we do!) So nowadays, we would go out for dinner, catch a movie on TV together, and sometimes at midnight keluar kejap for teh tarik at kedai Mamak yang only about 100 metres away just to go out and talk. Quality time for ourselves.

Comments