Skip to main content

Rutin Baru...

Since Hubby started the project in KD, we have this new routine, which in many angles requires Aliyah and I to spend more time at the office. Nowadays I will arrive at the office very, very early - around 7.30am. Tumpang Hubby. Niat nak berbasikal ke office selalu tertangguh. This morning - have to bring Aliyah's ko-ko bag. Ada saja... Mula-mula dulu I was the only person at the office that early. These few days there are actually other tenants who come in earlier. Sorang tenant - the book publisher - siap tidur kat office nak kejar deadline. I guess starting from mid-January things have started to pick up for most people.

So, I will switch on my laptop, start clearing emails and such. Then, get an hour of nap. Tak boleh buat apa lah. I am not a sound or easy sleeper. Boleh kira dengan jari berapa malam in a month that I can sleep soundly straight till Subuh. Bunyi orang batuk pun I boleh terjaga. Anyway, petang pula depends. Sometimes Hubby can come back early - well, 6.45pm is considered early for such a distance of jam-packed roads. Selalunya lepas Maghrib. Kadang-kadang terlepas sampai almost 9pm. Alhamdulillah my office is so convenient for both of us. Petang-petang kalau boring tu boleh lah pergi bawah - beli dessert kat bakery ke, jalan-jalan pasar malam ke (Tuesdays), minum cendol bawah pokok ke...

That's why it is really crucial for me to withstand all these challenges and maintain this office. Actually semalam rasa dah give up. Previous owner ignored our request to hold on to a PD cheque until after CNY and banked-in the cheque instead. Dah bounce. Bodoh ke apa. Kalau suruh hold on tu maknanya tak cukup duit lah dalam tu. Tak boleh ke tunggu a few more days? Tapi Linda dengan semangatnya cakap - "boleh lagi ni, lagi 2-3 bulan insyaAllah banyak outstandings dah settle. Lepas tu rasanya tak de problem nak maintain office". Alhamdulillah for such a great friend and staff.

And Alhamdulillah hari ni finally LO for my writing project is out. Dah boleh start kerja.

Comments