Skip to main content

InsyaAllah, Kalau Ada Rezeki...

I was finally being called for an interview for that project offered by that friend of a friend of a friend with whom Hubby is currently working for. I've not been in an interview for so long. Even though the session today was more of, I feel, verification. Whether I really exist, whether I have actually done what I stated I have done, and maybe whether I really know what I claimed to know.

It rained since early morning. By the time I finished my meeting with the client for that writing work, I had 1 hour to spare. I took another train to KLCC and then walked to the venue. The heavy rain has been reduced to a drizzle. The kind that you know will not stop. So I walked. Damped but not soaked. Since I came early, and the interviewer had finished another interview quite early, I was called in. With my blouse still damp and my throat dry from the long walk. He opened the file containing my CV and I realised I am not prepared at all. He asked me to tell a bit about myself. With my brains raking and organising my thoughts, I could only start with: "I am 42 this year...". Gave a huge grin and then started to outline my background and experience. From my list of projects he became interested in my writing works. Saying - "interesting...". (Well, not really!). But I elaborated anyway.

The session only lasted like 20 minutes. I don't know. It could be that I fit the requirement that there are no more questions to ask. Or, I just don't fit the requirements that there are no more questions to ask! But I have a good feeling about it. InsyaAllah. Since he opened up about the whole project scope, I guess at least my right foot is already in. If this materialise, I will be involved in the project for 2 years - till completion. 2 years of not having to struggle to secure projects. I walked back in the rain. The drizzle was a little bit heavier but then... it's just water. That cleanses the earth. Hujan rahmat. So I walked. With my hand within inches from my phone. Because there's only one person on the planet that I wished to call right away. My Kak Long. And when I finally did, she was so happy. Alhamdulillah... her prayers are answered, she said.

Comments