Skip to main content

Lost of Old Friend

Today turn kerja di client's office. Dari pagi doa panjang lebar minta dimudahkan urusan. The writing job turns out to be a difficult one. Bukan apa, client ada beberapa benda yang nak deliver selari dengan report tu. Everything is still draft. Data is still not final. Parallel work is so not the way to go because the final deliverable will be the report I'm writing. Alhamdulillah team client paham my situation. But being understanding doesn't equal to me getting an extension :(.

Anyway, around 11am I made a phone call to my friend cum researcher Mize. And got a most shocking news. A friend, Linda Rahman, from my days at ATPN passed away in her sleep this morning. She died of heart attack. Her only son tried to wake her up in the morning and found her already dead. And the son is younger than Aliyah. I was dumb-founded. But had to continue with work. By then things have bottled up. Linda Rahman or Lindot as we like to call her then was not really a close friend but still a friend nonetheless. We did hang out quite a lot of times together. She actually just organised a small gathering just 2 months ago. Unfortunately, I didn't get to attend. 

I got off at 1.30pm, walked out and then sat alone at the bench outside the premise. I thought of the times we were together at our hostel. I thought of her son. I thought of her writings in her blog talking about losing her mother last year. I thought of our ramblings on FB. Today, I lost a friend.

Comments