Skip to main content

We Meet Again, Hobbitses

Menonton The Hobbit seawal minit pertama! Jam 10.50am dah siap duduk munching caramel popcorns and sipping Coke waiting for it to start. Only half of the theater was filled. I'm sure they are just like us - die-hard fans. Now, I am skeptical actually. The Hobbit is such a "mini" book compared to the hefty LOTR. I read it years ago and I remember lending it to someone who didn't return it. Now I'm dying to read it again. Anyway, how can that 160++ pages of book become a trilogy? (Dalam kepala - saja la tu nak suruh orang tunggu bertahun tengok sampai 3 movie).

The LOTR has set a standard so high that even Peter Jackson himself couldn't achieve it this time around. But the book was written for younger audience anyway, so, no scary and haunting characters. (I remember I had a nightmare after watching The Two Towers - I dreamed being chased by Uruk Hai who attacked the area where I used to live as a child and I can still recall that I ran and ran and ran but my legs couldn't take me fast enough and the earth just shook with their footsteps and maddening chants... Mak ooiii... I woke up with a sweat. Seriously.)

Ok, back to the movie - too much battles (too fast moves I wonder why none of the dwarves got hurt!), a few draggy scenes (I don't find watching Radagast surfing around on a sledge entertaining), funny-looking Pale Orc unrealistic (but Aliyah found him scary). But the reunion with the familiar faces is such a welcome. And it's a funny movie too. (Love it when Aliyah could catch the jokes).

After the movie Aliyah asked me whether we can go watch again - perhaps in 3D. I told her I would get a migrain and puke if we watch it in 3D. Once is enough lah...
Lunch right after at TGIF. Lama dah actually tak go for nice makan-makan with Abahnya yang lately sangat sibuk dengan side business men-service MTBs. Especially nowadays ada banyak jamboree. Memanjang bau turpentine!

Comments