Skip to main content

The Women

I managed to watch The Women again yesterday at Star Movies. A star-studded all-female movie. Yup, no men! It's a movie about women, must be watched by women, and must be watched by men/husbands. I don't know if things would have turned out differently if I had watched this before. But then again, God sent me an angel to guide me on what to do in the pretty form of a friend. So, I was OK. I hit rock bottom, but I bounced back. And life is so much better now than ever. It actually depends whether you survived or not. I survived, we survived.

My only regret, and at times concern, is that I am not so easy at forgetting. To tell you the truth, there is not a single day in my life that I was not reminded of it and depending on how the memory was sparked, I can be either sad, or angry, or sick, or revengeful, or thoughtful, or crazy, or feel so hilarious... or the emotions can get so mixed up I ended up staring at a spot and ask myself - why?. The answer never came.

The friend did say I need a closure. There never was a closure. I have dreamed of various closures, but in the end, my faith in God is the only reason for me not executing any of the closures. If only emotions come in the form of plug-ins which can be installed or uninstalled at whim, then life can be so much simpler. Sorry, my analogy has become too technical lately. I'm now writing a CMS user manual you see.

Now back to the movie, the whole movie can be quoted beautifully and meaningfully. If you wonder how it feels like, Candice Bergen said it in its entirety and truthfully. I was taken aback when I first watched the part, like my feelings were stripped bare for the world to see. But it was how it first felt and you either fight to win, or crouched and lose. I wish no women will ever feel or experience it because the pain can be too excruciating. But then, women are stronger than they think they are... surviving is a choice, so set your aim to win.

If you are curious on how it felt, here it is.

Candice Bergen to Meg Ryan:"It feels like someone kicked you in the stomach, feels like your heart stopped beating, feels like that dream, you know the one when you are falling and you want so desperately to wake up before you hit the ground but it's all out of your control. You can't trust anything anymore, no one is who they say they are. Your life is changed forever, and the only thing to come out of the whole ugly experience is no one will be able to break your heart like that again."

Comments