Skip to main content

A Load of Work

The last Ramadhan month was a lalalaaa time for me. Tak ada kerja sangat. We have this project that was almost completed and I have Hubby & Hajar taking care of it. Besides a sebutharga and presentation, I spent the time writing the book I promised myself to complete last June, which has been stuck at Chapter 1 for ages. (Note to self: Woi, bila nak habiskannn???)

Two weeks into Raya still lalalalaa time for me, though I'm starting to get worried. But people were mostly busy with open houses and stuff, so understandable. Starting from last week, terus dapat 3 projects at the same time. Alhamdulillah...

There is this one project I'm currently doing with Hubby. It's for a friend, yang actually tak lah friend sangat at the beginning having introduced by Atom, but now has become quite good friend along with the wife. We decided to accept the consultation work even though payment is very, very ciput because we know the value of the project they got pun ciput juga. But in view of insyaallah getting the second phase, we cordially accepted.

Lagipun, I wish to try to work with them because they are using another CMS - Drupal -which I have not tried before. We have worked with various CMSes - Joomla, MXAE, PHP-based yang customised, LifeRay... Now I can say - you name it, we can do it! Anyway, our first meeting cum URS session with the project owner reminded me to a project I did for Brunei a few years ago - an Islamic portal. And we were told that the portal has not changed since early 2000 because it is very complex and for years, no vendors have successfully got the portal revamping project because their presentations don't seem to interest them. The project owner said, if we managed to reorganise the contents of the complex and "huru-hara" portal, we are considered good!

We were given only 2 days to come up with the content categorisation and proposed wireframes. So, Hubby and me spent the whole day yesterday brainstorming (office I dah ada big whiteboard now, that really helps!), then last night and the whole of this morning creating 2 wireframes of different concepts. Today we presented and the project owners looked quite happy, with them excitedly giving feedback. And our partner was quite impressed by our work - I think they didn't expect us to come up with the categories and nice wireframes within just a short time.

Anyway, as always, there are always hurdles - the change of KPs and stuff that might have impact towards the project. But I have this in my head that was an echo from the Brunei project said by ABA. Something like this: "buat project ni besides cari duit, cari pahala sekali...".

Comments