Skip to main content

Another Day of Makan-makan

My kgs are piling up. Today is another day of makan-makan. First pit-stop, our next door neighbour Jimie. Makan soto yang sedap, Aliyah finished up everything in her bowl. Good sign. Next, Hubby's golf buddy and my ex-colleague of years back - Hisham. Excellent kuah kacang. And beautiful house. Then, after a short stop to buy Aliyah's sports T shirt for school, we dropped by at my parents' place. And rezeki murah, more food came our way. A relative came over bringing fried mee and meehoon leftovers from a small kenduri which my father attended. So, another round of makan-makan.

On the way home, we dropped by our previous babysitter's house - Kak Mah - my daughter's "Mak" yang dah lama tak jumpa. Nope, we didn't binge on food again to the relieve of my stomach. But here, we tasted home-made teh Misai Kucing. I have a pot of the plant at home but I never thought to research on how to consume it, even though I know of the benefits. The tea tasted quite good - Aliyah liked it. Kak Mah told us she simply dry the leaves and crush them to make tea. She has this huge bush of the plant in her garden. So, we came home with a big plastic bag of daun Misai Kucing. I have washed the leaves and put them in a container to dry, but I just researched that some people simply soak the leaves in hot water and drink.

Now I have a mug of hot water with the leaves swimming in it. The taste is actually not bad.
The daun Misai Kucing given by Kak Mah. I've cleaned them and saved a few hard stems to plant in my garden. The health benefits include promoting good blood circulation, anti-cancer, relieve for joint pains, etc. I'll try this for a week and tell you if my chest pains lessen.

Comments

abgben said…
kalau nak keringkan daun utk buat minum, ada banyak petua. try pergi http://www.rujukankiter.blogspot.com.
Aniza said…
thank you. good website.