Skip to main content

Pre-New Year Resolution

Is there such a thing as pre-new year resolution? I watched Oprah's Best Life episode yesterday - it's actually a new year's resolution episode for 2009. My hunch says someone is trying to tell me something. I've been hearing this phrase for the past 2 weeks: "What do you really want?". Bette Midler said it in The Women. Oprah said it numerous times throughout her one-hour show. The same exact phrase, almost the same exact situations. The phrase has now irritatingly started to stick to my head. I know someone is telling me something. It happened before.

What do I really want? I seriously don't know. Every time I think of an answer, it actually involves someone else - my daughter, my family, my company. Never me - only me. I am not a selfish person, but Bette Midler said a woman has to be selfish, then things started to get better. Maybe she's right. But I still don't think my answer will be different.

Anyway, I'm thinking of taking the little steps to achieve that "what I really want". Perhaps I can start with giving me some me-times. Perhaps I should head back to the gym. Have that me-time working out and burning fat in the sauna. Perhaps I can be healthier and lose some weight. Perhaps I should allocate one day a week to go for girls' outing. Perhaps go for a movie or just coffee. Perhaps.

I'm going to call this my pre-new year resolution. Perhaps by 1st January 2010, I would have achieved this "what I really want" mission and I will be ahead of the other billions of people all over the world on that day saying - I have achieved my new year's resolution.

Comments