Skip to main content

Not So Planned Open House

We spent both Saturday and Sunday entertaining. On Saturday - my brothers- and sisters-in-laws. It started with Kili calling saying that they are dropping by on their way back from Melaka to their home. So I cooked some spaghetti. Then Pijal called saying he'll drop by too. And then at 6.30pm, Angah called pulak. So I got Hubby to buy 5 packs of meehoon goreng from the restaurant nearby. They stayed on till after 10pm with the kids entertaining themselves with the many entertaining things our house has to offer. All I know is that the fishes in the pond had a very stressful night as two little kiddies kept on throwing stones into the water! The kids even had time to play bunga api.

Today - Sunday, it's my side of family's turn plus my sister-in-law Nor and family. I actually have been wanting to invite my parents for makan-makan at my house for such a long time. Believe it or not, I have not entertained my parents yet ever since we moved to this new house. And the same thing that happened last year, happened again! This snow-ball effect.

I SMSed my Kak Long asking her about my father's schedule, and err... then invited her too (had too!). She then asked me to invite my brother Angah. So I did. A few hours later, she SMSed asking whether I'll be inviting my other sister Kak Lang, adding that if I do, Kak Lang will bring over popiah goreng. So I did. By then, I thought, might as well invite the others! From a small scale makan-makan, I ended up cooking three periuk of nasi ayam with three chickens, plus one roasted chicken with potatoes (specially for my eldest nephew).

It was a good gathering. Everybody who's expected to visit, has visited. So, next week it's our turn to go around pulak!

Comments