Skip to main content

My Birthday 20092009

How often do you get to see this date - 20092009? And it's my birthday some more! Yup, my birthday. And it's Hari Raya Aidilfitri too! But my day sucks big time.

I think this is the worst birthday ever. Of course at this age, I don't expect trumpets and parties thrown for me. Just that I spent more than 6 hours in the car traveling south and then back, didn't get to stuff my face silly with Hari Raya food like what I've done for as long as I can remember, and the saddest thing is that - I didn't get a birthday wish from my daughter. Sedih actually.

As you know, I am a Virgo. A Virgo is a very organised person and very practical. I'm not used to impromptu actions, I plan things. Planning is very important, especially that I'm a mother, not to mention owning a business, taking care of a family and household, etc. It's not only for my sake, but for the sake of the people around me, my daughter especially.

So, this morning, we were supposed to go to the usual houses for Raya but one of the rumah wajib's owner said they were all going elsewhere. Then the plan changed to go visit this uncle that lives down south and on the way back to visit my sister-in-law's in-laws. Fine. Happy to go. Three cars altogether. I heard the place is like one hour plus away, so Ok la. I didn't pack my telekung, I even didn't bring drinks. Furthermore, there were still plans to make kuih ondeh-ondeh for tea, so the trip will definitely not take too long.

We went out at noon and reached the house almost 3.5 hours later via normal roads. Imagine -3.5 hours journey! I was so tired, didn't get to stretch my legs, my bum felt numb, I started to get a headache, my back hurts and the traffic was bad. At one point, I almost lost my mind I wanted to jump out of the car.

We didn't eat at that uncle's place. He lives alone. I don't really have problems with my growling stomach but I was so worried that Aliyah was hungry, not to mention the few other little nephews and nieces. Then off to the next house and we reach there in time for Maghrib. We finally reach Melaka nearly 10pm.

By then Aliyah was already fast asleep in the car. I didn't want to remind anybody about my birthday, or to remind somebody to remind Aliyah that it's my birthday. So, she's now asleep next to me and I felt really sad I didn't receive any birthday wish or hug or kiss from her.

Sedih la.

Comments

bahaman said…
kesiannya dia. oops happy belated birthday and selamat hari raya. surely you will get a very big belated birthday hug and kisses from Aliyah. not that she meant of not wishing you on your birthday.
Aniza said…
thanks for the wishes :)

yes, you are right,i did get numerous kisses & hugs from aliyah the next day. she was so "adult-like" saying -"laaa, kenapa tak bagitau semlm birthday mommy?". hmmmm... ye laaa...