Skip to main content

Minggu Makan Besar

Yes, yes, Ramadhan is no excuse to overeat. But breaking fast can be an excuse to meet up with friends and family. And last week was the week. On Thursday, my company had our buka puasa session at our usual hotel - Residence. We are regulars there so Earna, our banquet sales rep gave us huge discounts. It was a nice gathering where almost everybody brought along their spouses, err... excluding Atom who brought his current boss, Rosli. Anyway, my company might be small but I do try to have these kind of spirit amongst us. Something I learn from my previous company:)
Our little company's gathering. Everybody looked so serious huh? The food has sunk in and amidst the business talks, everybody has this thought in their heads - what else to eat?

Then, on Sunday my family had a little buka puasa gathering. My brother Angah organised a break fast at PICC Putrajaya. He got these brochures and him being him can't resist kambing panggang in the menu. I roped in my eldest sister's family and my parents. There were about 15 of us. It was an excellent gathering.

The place was so nice, the view was breathtaking, the food was good, the service was excellent, the company as boisterous as ever and we had a good time. Even my mother who doesn't eat much managed to wallop a big plate of satay all by herself - about 12 cucuk altogether! We were so happy to see her eat.
Before buka puasa. Look at those food! My father took a plate of roasted lamb (we eyed his food and looked at each other - "he can aaahh? can lor, he doesn't have HBP). At one point he told us he's gonna get some fruits and he came back with a bowl of sup tulang to add to the little space he has left at the table. He sat, then remembered he was supposed to get fruits, got up and got something else instead!
30 minutes after buka puasa. Magic! The heaps of food are now gone! And that's not the end. Everybody kept getting up to get something. Oh, and my brother Angah forked the bill. And more people got up to get more things!

Next year must try to get everybody to come!

Comments