Skip to main content

Got My Compensation

Ok, I got my compensation for having such an awful birthday on Sunday. The next morning, Hubby woke up and whispered to Aliyah (I heard like ...birthday mommy). And I got this huge birthday hugs and kisses from my daughter, along with "soothing" comments - "kenapa la tak bagitau Aliyah semalam birthday Mommy?". Then when I went down to the kitchen, Aliyah couldn't contain her excitement saying there's a surprise for me because yesterday was my birthday. And I can see my youngest sister-in-law Mijah rolling her eyes. Yes, Aliyah is really not so good at keeping secrets!

Apparently, the night before my other sister-in-law Angah bought me a birthday cake. No wonder her car was the last to arrive after our trip south even though hers was the leading car. So, I got these nieces and nephews singing me birthday song and cut the cake at breakfast. It was a nice birthday after all...

We went back Bangi after that - we usually switch kampungs on the morning of 2nd Hari Raya. So, we are safely back after spending 3 days in Melaka. Now we are just enjoying the holidays.

Oh, we lost our tortoise - Pak Abu. My brother Angah was entrusted with the task of helping us feed the fishes and Pak Abu the tortoise. But Pak Abu died on 2nd day of hari raya. I suspect it might be because it rained for 2 straight days the water in our little pond got a little too high that the tortoise might not have space to hang out on dry place. Maybe lah. Now no more tortoise. Boring betul.

Comments