Skip to main content

My Bottled Hope Run MAEPS 2017

I just realised that today's run coincided with Mother's Day.

As usual, my adrenaline rush led to a sleepless night. Woke up early to prepare sahur for Aliyah. And I got my Mother's Day wish and kiss from her😍. Siap-siap awal pagi sebab janji mandikan my mother at 7am. Good thing the run started at 8.30am, which actually is very late for a run, but gave me the chance to do my daily "Mother's Day thing" for my mother. Walaupun tak wish dia (coz I would have a hard time explaining to her what Mother's Day is!), or celebrate with cake or present, it's the best I can do for her. Come to think of it, bathing and cleaning one's mother's bums, is the best thing a daughter can do for a mother😝 on Mother's Day.

Right after, straight to MAEPS. I actually Wazed the parking lot last night. Why? Because I actually knew that I would be going alone. I have good gut feelings. With disappointment and much resentment, I told myself... whatever that suits you. I planned for a nice outing and a nice outing it would be for me.

Surprisingly there were not too many people. Unlike MWM I went to last year. Sebab trail run kot! I struck a chat with a girl I saw standing alone by a pillar and seemed she too came alone. Great! So, we ran together, almost all the way. Took selfies, exchanged phone numbers, and who knows, maybe we'll see each other again at another run😊.
 Starting line. There were 2 categories - 5km individual and 3km family run.
Bumped into ex-school mate and ex-colleague Anita. She's an avid runner. But it's her first trail run. On the right is Kay, my running buddy for today.

We started at 8.35am. I forgot to start my S Heath until almost 300m later. Alhamdulillah, I could still run! Right until the start of the trails. Lepas tu mana yang rata I tried to run. Tapi ada one very long stretch of hill, yang tak tinggi sangat pun tapi tak reti-reti nak habis, buat semangat macam hilang ditiup angin! Masa tu macam rasa nak buat ala-ala kat Madakaripura - hitch ride dengan abam Rela naik motor! Hahaha... tapi cuba zikir Allah banyak-banyak dan tried to relate the dreadful hill trail dengan kata-kata semangat kepada diri sendiri. Akhirnya sampai juga kat atas dengan hanya satu kali berhenti😅. Masa tu menyesal tak beli 100Plus tadi! Plain water wasn't fast enough to rehydrate the body, especially that it was quite hot.
 After a few muddy tracks, then that long stretch of hills, the trail became quite easy. Siap lalu kebun durian! Starting from this stretch, the view started to look awesome. Can see IOI City Mall area from here!
 Muda sangat Kay ni, baru 25 years old. Tapi dah sampai hujung akak korang tunggu dia! Hehehe... 
 It was hot. The view was really nice here. Lepas daripada stretch ni, tiba-tiba hari jadi mendung dan hujan turun rintik-rintik. I braced myself to be soaked. Actually, I almost welcomed it. Lama tak main hujan. Tapi sekejap je hujan berhenti😓. 
 Finally sampai at 9.34am! One hour of 5km trail run. Waaahh... good timing for someone yang dah 2 bulan tak exercise.
 The bib was made of recycled paper. Habis run koyak sikit kena peluh! The finisher medal is made of wood.
Ini gambar selepas. We met up with Anita yang sedang makan pisang after we crossed finish line. Dia dah siap selfie segala. That means we were not so far off from each other. Terus akak korang bersemangat nak mula exercise balik!
The route. That stretch of about 300m tu sebab I lupa nak start my S Health! Note the dark blue route. Masa tu rata dan turun bukit. Dan masa tu hujan sikit sebab tu lari laju!

Insyallah, next year boleh join lagi.

Comments