Skip to main content

Missing The Moments...

Starting Monday, I don't send lunch to my parents anymore. For some peculiar reasons. Now I am missing the moments. I pray that they will be served nice, hopefully delicious and nutritious meals. I miss making my mother nasi goreng full of veges. Sigh... Anyway, today, lunch is very unconventional - burgers. Hubby bought beef patties from Bob, our neighbour and friend who operates Burger Bakar stall at Nazeem. Aliyah loves the burger and requested it for lunch.
So, here's Burger Bakar Mommy style - beef patties grilled with some olive oil, with caramalised onions with a dash of thyme. The only missing element of the burger is sauteed mushrooms.

Other than that, life is as usual. One thing both of us now realise is that "handling" a teenager is really a challenge. Our daughter has mood swings. Sometimes I try to accommodate - cheer her up, just talk to her, but then sometimes situation can be tensed. We might be busy and stressed and having Aliyah pout and scowl really get to our nerves. Both of us, separately, had a good talk with her and I pray that this time around she gets our point and "chip in" to make things easier for all of us. One thing for sure - we love her so very much and whatever we do is always for her. 

Comments