Skip to main content

3 Things These Few Days...

1) I just recovered from another round of insomnia. Seriously, what's up with the body? I get it at least once a month. It can stretch up to 2 days of no sleep. Imagine more than 48 hours of not getting any sleep. With work as usual. Tiring. Finally resorted to sleeping with Aliyah in her room just for a change of bed. Before sleep layan dia tengok LOTR. She's so happy... :).

2) Things at the shop are progressing very well. Alhamdulillah... Last Sunday, a group of usual cyclists started their cycle from the shop up to Kg Jeram Kedah and back. We provided nasi lemak for breakfast. One good thing of having them start and finish at the shop is that - they would become tempted to leave their bikes for service. Come Monday morning, I was presented with this!
 Penuh service bay...

3) Alhamdulillah... I really feel blessed to be able to practise this flexible working hours I'm currently enjoying. My Whatsapp group of good friends are always full of "traffic jam" stories especially at the end of working day. I can't imagine myself in that condition anymore! Seriously. Hubby and I were talking about this just yesterday. How we sacrificed our career to open this bike shop... the different kind of exhaustion after a day of work... Things are still in the initial stage. We have not made profit yet. But we are contented and happy. So far we manage to run both the shop and my company - with the iBook project and once in a while writing job from our regular client. Really a handful I must say. 

I'm so blessed to have the time in the morning to care for Aliyah, cook for her and Hubby, nowadays send lunch to my parents, before going to the shop to work. Then it's "normal" working hours juggling customers coming in, stock take, accounts, etc and in between work on my projects. Yang penting - no traffic jams, no need to buy working clothes, handbags, etc. Minimal expenses on stuff that doesn't matter much :).
Today's lunch - masak lemak cili api tulang ikan kurau with peria and terung, ayam masak merah and for my mother - nasi goreng with lots of vegetables.

Comments