Skip to main content

Courage by Our Brothers & Sisters

I've been following news on Astro Awani about the Freedom Flotilla carrying aid to Gaza. I know I am a bit ignorant in the sense that my only thoughts were - that's a good thing to do, may they succeed. Or perhaps I have not really understood how cruel the Zionist can be. It was predicted the volunteers will face resistance. But what I did not even imagine was that they will be attacked by commandos and brutally murdered.

While busy at work I read about the attack. The very ship that the Astro Awani journalist was reporting live from just hours before. And my heart dropped to my stomach. I felt nauseous. Those people are volunteers and activists for God's sake.

Let us pray for the safety of all on board on Mavi Marmara and the other 5 ships. They have displayed amazing courage and bravery. And they have made a mark. Just thinking of their sacrifices bring tears to my eyes. And to the fallen, may Allah bless your souls. Al-Fatihah.

Comments