Skip to main content

Donation for Surau Al-Ikhlas

I'm doing a short campaign to raise funds for the construction of a surau currently being built at the Taman of my new house. The campaign is until 15 April 2009. See below my email to friends and the text of the campaign page on FaceBook.

---------------------->>>>

Dear friends... Surau Al-Ikhlas Taman Impian Putra is a surau currently being constructed at a new "taman" where I'll be moving to soon. It's located next to Bandar Seri Putra. It's now being constructed using donations from the residents and some other individuals. My eldest brother is one of the AJK surau and the contractor building it.

The surau is in need of funding. The AJK has applied for financial assistance from relevant authorities, however, in our country "politik dan ugama tak boleh dipisahkan". Twice their paperwork was rejected due to - "the location of the surau is in the DUN controlled by the opposition, and the Govt's policy is not to help developments at such areas".

I am quite disappointed hearing this because the money that was supposed to help fund building a surau for the community is "duit rakyat" a.k.a. taxes and zakat that people like you and me pay.

I'm doing this as a short campaign to help raise money for the surau. Sometimes, we have extra RM10 or RM20 in our pockets and thought - it would be good to use this for a good cause but we don't really know where to channel it to. If you do wish to do some good deeds, let's help the construction of this surau.

If you are interested to donate, here's my CIMB account number: 1218 0055 8725 23. From today till 15th April 2009 only. I'm emptying my CIMB account so any money that comes in will be given to the surau.

I thank you and God bless. Semoga sumbangan anda diberkati Allah SWT.

Comments