Skip to main content

Seriously...

For the past few weeks, our heads have been filled with ideas for the new venture. We are trying to diversify our business. I, honestly, am so tired with the competition in the IT and training industry. A business should be something you really love to do. While IT and training were the fields I really love, I guess the struggle do wore me out. It's really tiring and time consuming to do proposals and presentations and what-nots and then - the project went to someone else, or project got shelved or some other reasons. Of course if I were to take up certain full-time consultancy work, then life would be financially better. But then, I always remember one of the main reasons why I started my own business years ago - to be around Aliyah. Always. From my quiet talks with her (whenever certain opportunities arise), she still needs me.

We lost an opportunity for a place to start the venture a few weeks ago. Missed just by a few hours. Someone beat us to it. We then scouted for another place and found the perfect location. Just about 1km from our office. We did istiharah the first time. My hunch - positive but need to be patient. So was Hubby. So we deferred for a while. Then, one opportunity came for Hubby for a consultancy work very very far from home. He needed to choose. So, this week, I gave him another nudge. He needs to make up his mind. He did another round of istiharah. Less than 30mins later, he got a call from an acquaintance. To cut a long story short - we believe that's the sign to proceed with the venture.

So, today we paid the deposit. Next week, we will sign rental agreement and get the keys.

Seriously... what are we putting ourselves into??? We pray this will be another branch of rezeki that will give us good returns. We will still do the stuff we are good at and love to do, but this is also something we love. Insyaallah things will go well. Pray for us. 

Comments