Skip to main content

Day 1 of UPSR

Contrary to my belief, I actually slept quite well last night. I guess the worry exhausted me. This morning, after hugging and kissing and wishing Aliyah good luck, I could only pray Allah mudahkan urusannya hari ini. But at 7am, I got worried sick. Watched berita Awani - UPSR candidates to bring their ICs. Alamak, Aliyah kata cikgu dia kata tak payah bawak birth cert. Aduss... but I already told Aliyah, if the teacher asked for her birth cert, get the teacher to call Mommy. So I waited and waited dengan kecut perut till 8.30am. No calls from anybody. Maknanya OK lah tu. But still queasy. Lagi-lagi when I read FB status of an ex-colleague - his sons got kicked out from exam hall for making noise! Lagi lah kecut perut ni.

The day was then spent doing errands with Hubby - going from one bank branch to another tracing a cheque to us. By the time we finished it was nearly 1pm. Went to school a bit early to wait for Aliyah. I was so afraid I would find my daughter sitting outside the exam hall crying not allowed to take her exams because she didn't bring her birth cert. (I always imagine the worst thing that can ever happen!). Patut habis 1pm, she only got out at 1.30pm. Cikgu bagi tips dan nasihat katanya. On the birth cert - tak payah bawak. Alhamdulillah...

Lunch - Aliyah's pick. Subway? Sure, why not. So to Petronas BBB Section 15 for lunch. Then, a stop at another bank to open a new joint account. By the time we got back, it was already past 3pm. Pity Aliyah - she should have rested :(. Left her for an hour to go cycling with Hubby. I still am not sure about the new venture we are planning, but need to get into mood and momentum. An 11-km ride from home to BSP, up to the new housing area, back to Bangi Lama and home. For one who has not cycled for months, OK la kan. Clocked 3mins going up the hill next to the school.

Malam - baru melepaskan Aliyah to bed. Asked her to do exercises, dia tak habiskan. Tu la dia kalau tak monitor. Sabar je lah. Nak marah sangat pun tak sampai hati. So... what a day! Penat worry for her. Then worry got doubled after reading about that friend's sons. Then worry subsided. Now, I'm telling myself - I hate being worried. It's exhausting. Aliyah dah usaha, doa, usaha dan doa. Sekolah dah buat yang terbaik. Parents pun dah buat habis baik. Tawakkal kepada Allah. Know what? Exams should be abolished. The move could make parents' hearts go stronger so that they live longer.

Comments