Skip to main content

Short Penang Trip

We actually went for a short trip to Bukit Mertajam on Thursday, and came back on Friday. Yup, very short trip. And very tiring. Hubby has an appointment to interview a company in one of the industrial areas in Bukit Mertajam. Since Thursday was the last day of exams for Aliyah, and Friday was her birthday, and not having her father around on her birthday was not acceptable, I suggested we followed. We reached there around 8.30pm. It rained heavily on the way there. I counted 6 weather changes throughout the 4.5 hours journey. We stayed at The Summit - the nearest to the industrial area.

The next day, Hubby went off to work at 9.30am and what did both of us do? Watched TV and surfed the Net. The swimming pool was small - Aliyah tak ada mood nak swim. She then spent one hour in the bath tub - quite a big one. We didn't go to the island - weather was horrible (very heavy rain) and we need to get back. On the way back, we thought of stopping by at interesting places along the highway. We didn't because not much info can be found. Know what - that info should be made available on PLUS website. I'm sure there are many people like me - wanting to stop by for a while for a visit on the way back. I remember my last Ipoh trip a few years ago - I found a few blogs mentioning that the Sg Klah Hot Springs is just 5 minutes from the toll exit, so I stopped by.
 The trip north - gloomy weather...
 My little girl spent her time playing games on her new iPro... That's her birthday gift :)
 Surprisingly the breakfast buffet was quite good. I expected the normal hotel nasi lemak - dry rice, hard ikan bilis, tasteless sambal... But there was no nasi lemak! Yeay! Quite good nasi and kuew teow goreng, dim sum, porridge, sauteed potatoes, baked beans and the assortment of bread. Birthday girl having her toast. 
View from our room. I took several photos of this same scenery. From foggy to clear to foggy again. This is the clearest. There was sawah padi nearby. Nice...

We stopped by my Kak Long's place for a short break. It was 10.30pm when we finally reached home. Sakit belakang masih terasa...

Comments