Skip to main content

This is What I Call Excellent Customer Service

We went to Alamanda today for lunch, jalan-jalan and to buy a cake for my Mom for Mother's Day. It's tomorrow yes, but I can't join the party my eldest sister is arranging tomorrow because I kan nak pegi holiday. So, she changed it to today - dia kata tak best kalau I tak de!

So, dah lunch and jalan-jalan, we went to Secret Recipe to get a cake. I'm not saying I'm a regular there, tapi ada lah makan sana a few times. Tak lah selalu. Sampai kat cashier je, the girl (a waitress right?) yang memang selalu stationed kat situ said "Hi Kak!" dengan enthusiastic tone macam dia kenal baik dengan I. They are always friendly there anyway and I'm sure she recognized us because every time we all datang, Aliyah suka duduk dekat situ depan display area tu and ogle over the cakes.

I smiled back at her and then saw there are boxes of cakes already packed at the side. So I asked whether I should book a cake first. That girl said it's OK, I can just buy one and then she cheekily said, "Macadamia ada tau!" I was actually very surprised. She knew my favourite cake! Imagine... she meets hundreds of customers a day, and she remembered... I straight away ordered and she happily decorated and packed the cake.

This is what I call excellent customer service.

Comments