Skip to main content

Aliyah is Simply the Best in the Whole Wide World

I actually just came back from Bali yesterday evening. About that later. Aliyah was taken care of by hubby the whole of the week. She was OK, albeit counting the days I'll be coming home. The night I was home, she showed me a letter she wrote for me while I was away. It says "I love Mami" with a drawing of me. Sedihnya I...

Then that night she told me she's going to surprise me tomorrow (today that is). Tapi Aliyah ni actually tak berapa pandai nak simpan rahsia sangat. Dia "tercerita" that she's going to buy me a flower from the school bookshop because she misses me so much. So, this morning on the way to school, again she excitedly told me she's going to buy me the flower - with her own money. And I happily said I'll be waiting for it.

As usual, I fetch her from school on Fridays. Today is Teachers' Day and the kids actually went off a bit early. By the time I reached the guard house, she was already waiting anxiously. But she looked kinda sad and I saw her nose was runny. I asked her whether she cried because I was late, she said no. But she still looked very unhappy and her eyes are a bit red. My first thought was someone bullied her... or she was upset that I came late.

It was only later that I knew the reason - Iqah told me. That morning she found the bookshop closed. Then she met Iqah (my niece yang kerja kat bookshop tu) who told her that the flowers she wanted to buy are sold out. But then Iqah took her to buy fresh flowers yang some kids sell for Teachers' Day. Aliyah chose a single rose bud that Iqah said was really beautiful. She didn't want to put it in her bag because she was afraid the flower would go bad, so she put it in her desk. But then by the time she came back to her class to get her bag and the rose to go home, someone has stolen the flower. And that was the reason why she cried. She wanted to surprise me with the flower... Sedihnya I...

Tadi masa tengok TV, again she came to me, hugged me and said she's really sad the flower was stolen because she bought it for me. She is such a sweet little girl. I told hubby when we went to dinner and he actually cried. Ehem, hubby I ni kalau bab anak memang emotional sikit.

Aliyah is simply the best... in the whole wide world... God, I love her so much...

Comments