Skip to main content

Been 2 Weeks Now

It's been 2 weeks since my beloved SIL Kak Ros passed. Though that heavy feeling in my heart has gradually subsided, accepting her untimely demise is still a struggle. For many, many years, she has been such an important person in my life. And since we live nearby, it was at least once a week of seeing each other. At the very least, a pleasant encounter at our favourite mamak Haji Tapah 😅.

Whenever I don't feel good, like the world is crashing on me, I would just pay her a visit. A short walk to her house with anak comel. Just to see her. Because she is such a positive person. To her, everything about life has a silver lining. "Mesti ada hikmah disebaliknya", she always said. And she never, ever, say anything bad about other people. Never. Ever.

She taught me the meaning of "jodoh". To her, jodoh has such a vast meaning. It doesn't just mean your life partner. It encompasses everything about life. If you have a good friend, that is jodoh. If your sickness is cured by a particular medicine, that is jodoh. If you get a good job, that is jodoh. And I am so blessed to have her as my jodoh, her being my sister-in-law.

I love you so much Kak Ros, and miss you everyday 😢. You were such a beautiful person, inside out. Semoga syurga Firdaus buatmu. Nanti kat sana, kalau Kak Ros tak nampak Nizah, Kak Ros cari ya 😢.
Our last WA conversation was on 25 Jan. I love it that every time I give her something, be it just some spaghetti or fruits or that tempe from Banting that she loved so much, she would doa semoga murah rezeki. I will definitely miss receiving her delicious cooking especially her pulut kuning with rendang daging.
Yesterday I was picking this bunch of cili api from my garden when I absent-mindedly said to myself - banyak cili ni, boleh kasi Kak Ros sikit. A few seconds later, reality sank in. Allah...

Comments