Skip to main content

Rapid Heartbeat Came Back

Selamat Berpuasa. Ramadhan is here.

I had quite a scare yesterday. Everything was well the whole day. I stayed home to prepare dinner cum sahur. The morning was spent at bicara pusaka at Pejabat Daerah and then buying stuff to stock up our fridge. It was a tiring day. Then it was time to fetch Aliyah from school and Hubby at the shop. I backed out the car, and just as I was about to drive away, I had this strange feeling. My cough is still going on even though not as bad as before. I felt like there's suddenly a big lump of phlegm in my chest. I coughed but the lump was still there. And I can literally see my body shaking.

I thought it was the car. It needed some repairs to the exhaust and gave this funny noise. The whole time I was driving I didn't feel good. It feels like anxiety and exhaustion at the same time. And I remembered the feeling. I had this once a long, long time ago. I parked in front of Aliyah's school and while waiting for her, I used the calculate heartbeat app I installed in my phone. I knew it would come handy. But the app couldn't register my heartbeat. After a few times, I thought the app might have problem. Maybe I need to reinstall.

I told Hubby in the car and he tried the app. It worked. His was around 70. I used it again and still it didn't capture my heartbeat. The number kept going up and down. After dinner, I had to lie down. I can see my hand shaking following my heartbeat. After Hubby went for Tarawih, I finally got a reading. It was 188, then 182, then 184. I pray it will go away. So, I just lie there hoping my heart calmed down. Half and hour later I felt better. It went down to 110. Still high but at least I didn't feel something twisting my guts anymore. By the time I went to bed, it normalised.

Wonder what triggered it? The last time I had it, I had to be rushed to a hospital. And I had to take pills to calm my heartbeat for a week.

Comments