Skip to main content

Video Shooting

On Saturday, we conducted video shooting for the science experiments and cooking slot for our iBook. The day before, I spent the whole afternoon buying stuff and gathering props that I could. My expectation - we would have to do a lot of work ourselves hence the reason I got Linda to tag along. But then... our partner is very professional. I didn't expect to see 10 crew members at the studio. Termasuk seorang make-up artist. Even Linda nak tolong betulkan tudung talent pun tidak dibenarkan. "Tak pa Kak. Akak duduk je, kita orang buat!". Basically, I was the producer on that day. If I don't like anything, all I needed to do was tell the director and they will scramble to satisfy my demands. Waahhh... powerful gitu. Seriously, what a dedicated, enthusiastic and nice young chaps I dealt with. Alhamdulillah, we decided to work with them.

The shoot started at 9.00am (we arrived late!) and ended at around 5.45pm. Penat rupanya "sooting pilem" ni... But I learned a lot. Terms yang tak paham semua I tanya director. Now dah boleh grasp concept video shoot. Next time boleh pikir project yang seumpamanya :)

 First shoot - cooking show. The talent is Kistina. Sebelah dia tu lah make-up artist. This shoot took almost 3 hours. Sebab Kistina ni rupanya pelakon tapi tak pernah buat ala-ala talkshow. So, payah sikit nak memorise script. Talented girl. She's only 8.
 Lepas tu experiment sabun & pencuci pinggan pulak. Another talent was brought in. Siap dengan costume and props. They even bought the white table and shelves just for this shoot.
 So akak korang jadi producer, okay. Duduk tengok screen dengan Ameen the director. Bila shot yang dia rasa perfect, dia akan tanya I, "OK tak Kak?". I kata OK baru proceed next scene. Lama-lama dia tau sendiri yang mana I rasa OK.
 Siap ada concept funny sikit... Ada 2 camera. Yang baju merah tu in charge of script. Each experiment ada sorang jadi assistant director yang pastikan the talents tahu apa nak buat dan energy still high walaupun take berkali-kali. They also make sure props sama throughout.
Experiment coke & mentos buat outdoor. Siap pasang Go Pro kat tepi meja untuk shot yang nampak langit. Make-up artist sentiasa siap sedia dengan bakul make-upnya :)
 Yang ni last bottle. Shot dah perfect tapi since ada extra bottle, abang-abang crew ni seronok sangat, buat last experiment guna 6 biji mentos terus. Punyalah tinggi air tu naik. Budak-budak happy, abang-abang pun excited. Maklumla, nak main mercun takut katanya.

Comments