Skip to main content

Garden Tepi Rumah

Sekarang tengah suka tengok "River Cottage". Tak kiralah spring ke, autumn ke... (Dulu tak suka sangat sebab orangnya berserabut). I just love how Hugh work on his lands - the vegetables, herbs, trees, animals, etc. Kalau dapat catch "Jamie Oliver at Home" lagi lah hooked. His vegetable garden is so amazing and beautiful. Just nearby, I am a follower of my Abg Ben's friend - Kak Rusilawati of Suria Helang Lui - a modern day farmer who left her corporate job to work on her passion - organic farming. Amazing farm! It is my dream to have such a farm like hers...

I love gardening. But more of "kitchen plants" kind of gardening. That's why I have 2 separate "gardens" at home. The front part is the "halaman rumah" with palm, frangipani and other flower bushes and trees. It is very messy at the moment. Both of us can't really spend much time on maintaining the garden. Hubby just sprayed the uncontrollable grass a couple of weeks ago and now the lawn is yellow. Expensive grass I must say but I guess it's good to just kill them and plan something new.

My side garden is for the kitchen. Limau purut, lengkuas, limau kasturi, kunyit, Thai basil, cili api, cili merah, misai kucing, kacang botol, pisang tanduk, nenas, serai. Quite a long list considering it is such a small patch. I really need to work on it more. Have just prepared a container for vegetables. Planning to plant bayam, sawi and perhaps tomatoes. Those are the vegetables I have successfully planted before. However, weather is very hot these days for such fragile plants. Apa-apa pun kena rajin...
 I tanam nenas ni dari "crown" nenas yang my MIL bagi. That was last year. Nenas ni takes so long to grow and finally bear fruit just last week. The soil is not suitable I guess. Retains too much water. Tapi akhirnya berbuah juga...
Pisang tanduk merah ni dah agak besar. I really don't know when is the best time to chop this down. So, hari-hari observe for signs of maturity.

Comments