Skip to main content

End of Smash

Smash season 1 has ended. There goes something I look forward to every Monday night! Now the long wait for season 2. The finale? It was awesome. The last song just shows how perfect Karen was  to play Marilyn. Ivy would have brought her unnecessary diva-ness with her and spoiled the effect. And she's not even a star - just another chorus girl. But Ivy actually sings better than Karen. Her rendition of White Baby Grand was amazing that I had that song in my head for days.

We can just see that something might spark between Derek and Karen, now that the moody-talking-too-fast Dev is out of her life (I guess). Jack Davenport just nailed his character - this handsome proud and selfish guy  (when it's related to the show) with his sexy British accent. (Aliyah pun kata he's handsome!). And who would have thought he played Norrington in Pirates of the Carribean :).

The final song - I think it's just brilliant that it summarizes the whole show.



Comments