Skip to main content

Pitching Preparation

I didn't procrastinate in preparing slides for the pitch. I started early. It's just that all these stuff keep coming into my way. That situation has finally been resolved. Alhamdulillah... But it took a lot of effort. Then re-working on last year's accounts. Seriously, do I need to do everything around here? Going through line by line of all the worksheets? And pointing errors? And finding where the error is? And getting - 'sorry, silap kira', 'sorry silap type', 'sorry, tukar kat sana tapi lupa nak tukar kat sini'. One day I should say - 'sorry, lupa bayar gaji'.

So, I'm working on my slides in between all such stuff. And it is so tiring. I've never pitched before. So, I really don't know what to expect. There is this list of the items that needs to be presented. So, I'm working on that besides trying not to be so "straight forward". Maybe we should be different. But then, I'm sure the panels will have this form that they need to fill up, surely based on that list. So, we cannot be too different.

I'm also trying to minimise words in the slides. I'm using more visuals. So, finding the right images really is time consuming not to mention exhausting. We only have 25 minutes. I am so OK with 25 minutes. But by now my slides have reached no 20++. One minute per slide? And we also have a prototype. Must manage time and expectation.

I don't know whether I still have that enthusiasm to pitch for this idea. I'm trying to get into the mood. I now reached our project costing and just realised how "honest" we are. I didn't ask for the world. I just ask enough to develop the idea into a product that can be sold. No fancy hardwares and softwares. Simply - amount enough to pay for the resources needed. I felt real stupid but then I thought better honest and stupid, than greedy and stupid. I just hope we can convey our sincerity. This project will help a lot of people. Us (obviously) and our partners (who need jobs) and perhaps some people I know who have been wanting to be with us.

I hope you will pray for our success. Amin.

Comments