Skip to main content

Pitching Experience

Ok, the pitching is over. The experience? Something slightly new. Some what different from our usual sebutharga or tender presentation. But not totally different. I guess we were as prepared as we can be - which translates to "not really!". I presented the slides while Hubby did the prototype demo. The panel consisted of about 10-12 people from various industries and agencies. There were reps from Astro, Time, Finas and a few more. And guess what, the rep from this telco was an ex-colleague! A good friend. Alhamdulillah... managed to sit and chat for a few minutes before the session started.

We received opinions and comments. I guess we managed to answer all. On those that we couldn't (due to lack of info) the only thing I could say was that - "this is something new, there are still things that we don't know, but it shouldn't stop us from exploring it. We believe this is the way forward for interactive contents and we believe we are on the right path".

It was supposed to be a 25-minute session. It got stretched to more than 1 hour. Right after, a short meet with Yatt my good friend at the lobby to sign some stuff. And then, the moment I sat in the car, my body did a system shut down. I was so exhausted. And so glad that the presentation was over. I didn't really have a good feeling about it. I told myself - if we didn't get the funding, I will still strive to produce it and one fine day make it a reality. Deep inside, I owe it to Aliyah to have it produced. She was after all our inspiration.

I spent the weekend in misery. Monday morning, I told Hubby - it's a brand new day, I'm gonna forget about getting the funding. And I managed to. Now, the only thing we can do is to continue praying that Allah grant us the fund to make our dream a reality. This morning, Hubby showed me an SMS from that ex-colleague of ours - that we did OK - none of the panel rejected our proposal. But need to go through one more level of evaluation.

Alhamdulillah... perhaps there is a chance after all...

Comments