Skip to main content

On Life

1. Al-Fatihah. Linda's mother passed away last Wednesday. She called me early in the morning. Hubby had his cycling activity so we didn't get to go. Things are difficult for Linda. Even today she is on leave. I'm giving her some time to settle her stuff. There are a lot of things outstanding but then I believe they can all wait. Hopefully she will get back on her feet soon.

2. Life is short. With Linda running around settling lots of things, I am glad that I have done a bit of my part to prepare for that one day that it will be my turn. Hubby and I have both written our wasiat (FYI, the copy is in my drawer in the office, with the original with As-Salihin). Insyaallah, Aliyah will be taken care of by people who love her and armed with some assets that can support her until she grows up.

3. Give life a chance. My garden sure teaches me a lot about life and business. I have 2 plants of cili api that are so thin and yellow. Every few weeks, I will loosen up the hard soil around it. Many times I felt like pulling them out and planting new seeds. But as long as they still live, I told myself - give them another chance. Always another chance. One month later - this morning the 2 plants are healthy and green and I counted more than 15 cili api ready to be picked. Lesson learned: patience and hard work will one day bear fruits.

Insyaallah, I will never give up.

Comments