Skip to main content

Access to Joy

Wardina Safiyyah tweeted: "We 'have' access to joy, even when things are most difficult...".

So very true. Happiness is a choice. Sadness is also a choice. We choose what condition we wish to be in. At times, sadness can overwhelm but it only strengthens the heart and soul.

Things are difficult. But experience and logical thinking nowadays allow me to live my life better. And to be thankful that no matter how difficult things are, I am still grateful to have more things that some people.

Today, I'm working from home since Hubby is away in JB. I thank Allah that I work on my own and do not have to be physically present at the office. That in itself is happiness. Aliyah is with me, not at school due to transport problem. But I get to be with her, cook for her, get her to wash her shoes and after lunch get her to study. That is the joy of being a mother. I got a call from my overdue credit card bank and was given another deadline. That in itself is a lessened burden (for the moment) - sesuatu yang dipermudahkan oleh Allah. My finger got stung by something I don't know what, but despite the pain, I cooked mee goreng for my sisters and nieces and nephew who came over the weekend and managed to send one small tupperware to Angah's house. That in itself is the joy of cooking for loved ones. The return? Kak Ros gave a big tupperware of ayam kampung masak lemak cili api that we gobbled up together in one shot. That is the joy of eating. We went to Izzkin Spa yesterday and I got some cash for 2 baju kurung Izzat managed to sell. Alhamdulillah, that is rezeki.

Such small things matter. And such things bring happiness no amount of money in the world can offer. I thank Allah for all the things that matter to me.

Comments