Skip to main content

New Year Plans Come Early

1st Muharram is this Sunday. A warm new year wish from me. May the new year brings much happiness, health and rezeki to all. I've kick-started plans for next year. Despite having 2 projects at the same time, we are still in survival stage. The struggle is not over. 2012 is going to be an uncertain time for all. There will be a lot going on next year - things that will affect people like me - general election, economic uncertainty... One thing I'm sure - training will be affected. I believe budget for training will be reduced. As we have experienced 3 years ago. Immediate plan - training will be secondary next year. Well, unless I can churn out several new topics not yet offered in the market. And still... nothing is sure.

My only consolation is that I have secured projects for us at least until March. But that is not so far off, so efforts to source for new projects must start now. I pray the current two we are pursuing will bear fruits. That can cover us until mid-year. And one idea I got after handling the URS workshop last month is now making its way. The original idea has been dormant for months. We didn't even resubmit our proposal for the grant. I just feel it's not worth the effort especially after reading about the experience of a company who finally got the grant after one year - by then the product has been completed and won numerous awards. Now, I finally found a way to kick-start it - in small versions first. Will see how it goes. But the way to go is definitely to have a product. That's what we are striving to achieve.

Comments