Skip to main content

Kesian Aliyah...

Aliyah started her school holidays sooner - on MC. She complained some rashes on her stomach and back on Tuesday night. Those looked so severe I scolded her for waiting so long to tell me. The next morning we took her to the clinic and apparently she got "kayap" or shingles or herpes zoster. Orang Melayu kata kayap ular. The doctor said it's virus, most probably dormant from her previous chicken pox. One fine day, when the time is right ie when the body is low in immunity, the virus will come out in the form of shingles.

The rashes look exactly like chicken pox but more grouped together. So now Aliyah is on strict medication - anti-virus pill every 4.5hours. So, even at night I have to wake her up to get her to take the pill. She couldn't sleep much last night, today she started to feel the pain. I have to cancel all my meetings to attend to her. Kesian sangat tengok even though she looks braver than she feels. I'm very sure she's in real pain.
Taking a nap at the office. I set my alarm every 4.5 hours for her medication...

Comments