Skip to main content

Mother's Day Baking Session

It was a very quiet Mother's Day celebration. I even forgot it's Mother's Day. I think mainly because my Kak Long is not around - she's in Bandung on holiday. And I also have not visited my mother for 2 weeks now. Something happened and I really don't feel like going to the house. I know it's not a nice thing to do, but until this family moves out from there, I'd rather not go.

Hubby and Aliyah bought me this cycling pants as gift. I have yet to cycle in it. The weather is so very hot nowadays going out of the house will only give me headache. I would rather stay in-doors. Really miss the cycling sessions.

Yesterday, Aliyah and me did some baking. Aliyah was so excited to bake scones. I cut out the recipe from Australian Women's Weekly magazine, paste it in her recipe book, and the picture looked so yummy. So, she made scones (Aliyah did everything while I supervised) while I made apple pie from this big bag of apples which nobody bothered to eat in the fridge.

The result: the scones turned out quite nice despite the top being too brown. While still hot, I cut them open and put slabs of butter and honey. Would have been a very English tea for us if only we have strawberry jams. My apple pie - quite nice too. Need more dash of cinnamon.
The outcome of our mother-daughter baking session. By end of the day, my tongue tasted of flour / dough!

Comments