Skip to main content

Going for a Short Break

My good friend Yatt macam tau2 je I'm in very stressful mode at the moment. She called last week to get together for a short break before she starts her new job at the heart of the city. Good for her. With nice job title too :)

I suggested Sungkai Hot Springs - a place I know can rejuvenate the body. Dipping in the hot water can do wonders. So, we'll be going tomorrow - a girls' getaway - along with Aliyah. Only the three of us. And Aliyah will cut school for one day. She will bring along her books because right after Wesak holiday she will start her exams.

Hope for a nice short holiday. But I still think it will never be a real holiday. We just received letter of us being shortlisted for that east coast sebutharga, so have to prepare prototype and presentation slides. I believe Hubby will work on it while I take my short break.

And Alhamdulillah things have started moving quite in a fast pace now. Yesterday we got a few leads to do translation work, one of it was finalised in just a few hours. The other two are also very positive and might be very soon. Thinking back, it is a blessing in disguise - this situation I'm currently facing. Maybe this challenges we are currently facing are God's signs for me that the decision made earlier was not to materialise. And that with the person's departure, things have started moving.

I believe it was the clash of working culture. I am so used of working with people from my previous company who are very committed and vigilant (wonder if I'm using the correct word!), that at first I welcomed the culture of someone who's used to working in big Govt-funded company. But then, after some time, things don't really work out well. It's just not how I wish for the company to move. I did feel disappointed, like I am the one who caused the departure, thus the reason why I was so down for weeks. I'm really not good at handling stuff like this.

Things happen for a reason. And I believe it is for the best. And I'm so glad I have understanding people around me in this company. Even Linda said - see good things are happening, don't feel so bad about what happened.

Comments