Skip to main content

- Management Decision

One of the essential skills of an entrepreneur is to trust one's own judgement. Or what I always call "gut feeling". I made a big management mistake and now living the consequences. I was so determined to move forward, to bring the company to a higher level, that I actually ignored my gut feelings. Whatever uneasiness I felt in my guts, I ignored. All because I thought that it was the phase that we need to go through - new culture, new ideas, etc.

I should've listened to this thing that I have trusted for years - my gut feeling. And I should've listened to the uneasiness of some of my people. I waved it off as petty because I badly wanted a fresh start for everybody, at this new office. It started as petty and small but it slowly grew and in the end, it felt like a thorn stuck to my thumb. And worse, one that I couldn't prick off.

On the positive side, this is a lesson well learned. But with a high price to pay. It made me realise this thing in me that I have always held true - that trust is best reserved for people whom you really really know. Not for people you thought you know.

We are slowly and surely moving forward. Insyaallah.

Comments