Skip to main content

Single "Parent" for 3 Days

We have a small household but then when one of us, the parents, is not around, things can be quite chaotic especially when the remaining parent fell sick.

Hubby was in Kuantan from Monday to Wednesday with the rest of the team for training and meeting. Things were OK on Monday morning but then I fell sick in the afternoon. Quite scary actually. Linda and I went to MOF to submit a few documents, then had lunch at Alamanda and by 4pm at the office, both of us were sneezing and starting to get body-ache. I was worried because H1N1 has started again but then the doctor said it's normal flu.

At home, after fetching Aliyah, there were this huge list of chores to do - get the kitten Kiki out and cleaned him up, feed the turtles and fish, turn on the pond's water pump, laundry, dishes, prepare dinner, Aliyah's stuff - uniform, homework, etc, then continue working and all the while I was very sick.

The next day, problems started to surface. First, our Astro got no service. (I thought ours got disconnected! So happen, something was "hanged" - not at our side though - but only found 2 days later.). Then, one of the kois died - the one we call "Abah". I suspect lack of oxygen because I turned off the pump the night before and the whole day. My mistake. It didn't rain that night, should have left the pump. I felt so guilty. The fish was so big and heavy.

My point is - we, the parents, have these set of chores that we usually do when we get home. So, when one is not around, the other half needs to do everything and sometimes the chores can be quite overwhelming. Hence solving the Astro problem 2 days later and losing one big koi fish.

I've still not recovered from my flu but at least Hubby's back.

Comments