Skip to main content

Tears for My Furry Guy

Last night Hubby finally succeeded in getting the kitten Jiji to eat. She is only about 1 month old but she's already big. And so very naughty. I don't feel like having another cat so Jiji stays outside the house. She and the mother only come in when we are home.

It was a joy to finally see the kitten eat. We only bought Whiskas for them actually. So I told the kitten (yes, I do talk to cats, you see...) - "Nanti Mommy ada duit sikit Mommy belikan food yang bagus OK...". Having said that I gasp, this realisation and memory came flooding to my mind and tears started to pour out. After a month of hoping and praying, suddenly, reality sank in and I cried.

Those were the exact same words I said to my furry good friend Bubu the last time I saw him. That Sunday night one month ago Bubu was sneezing. I scratched his head and said, "Minggu depan Mommy dapat duit kita pegi clinic OK?". Right after, he went for his usual outing and never came back.

We were told by the Vet that last month alone 4 people came to his clinic telling of lost cats. My brother Angah also said quite a few people lost cats in the neighbourhood. It seems that there might be some people lurking around stealing cats and selling them to pet shops. So last weekend we went to Nilai and Semenyih to try to find Bubu but finding pet shops is a problem, finding my cat is almost impossible. My father said Bubu might be far now after performing his solat hajat.

I've resigned to the fact that he is lost forever. I pray that whoever takes care of him now will care and love him at least as much as we do, hopefully even more. He is such a smart cat. We had him for about a year and he brought us so much joy.

We miss you so much Bubu...

Comments

dcharmed said…
poor u kak! yes bubu is so lovely!!! hopes the new comer can cheer u up... at least!
Aniza said…
adoiyai, sedihhh... i was just opening this blog just now and Aliyah saw Bubu's pictures - terus menangis. So, mak & anak bertangis-tangisan sekejap teringat kat kucing kesayangan ni. huwaa... tak pe la, i pray the new owner akan sayang kat Bubu yg kuat membebel tu :)
Anonymous said…
Hi Aniza,

I am so sorry to hear about Bubu. I too sincerely hope that he is well taken care of. I lost my dog and I think I can relate to your feeling. Take care and hope the new cats can soothe your soul a bit.